DAY TO DAY CLEANING
Because your moscow mule copper mug is 100% copper with no coating (on the inside), it will oxidize/tarnish… but not to worry, we’ve got you covered! The best practice to slow the tarnishing is to wash after use (with minimal chemicals) and then dry immediately.
**Never Put In Your Dishwasher**
If you start to see some oxidizing/tarnishing, here’s some sure shot ways to get that copper shine back:
Shining Method 1
Use a copper polish (I prefer Bar Keepers Friend cleanser and Polisher)
Shining Method 2 (what I do)
What you need!
- 3 tablespoons of Salt
- 1/2 a cup of Vinegar
- Dissolve 3 tablespoons of salt into 1/2 a cup of white vinegar
- Once salt is fully dissolved, dip a cloth or sponge into the solution and start gently rubbing away the tarnish.
- After all the tarnish is gone, rinse with water and then dry immediately with a clean cloth.
- A variation to the above is to fill a spray bottle with the solution and spray the copper, let it sit for a while, then rub clean.
Shining Method 3
What you need!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Salt
- 1/2 a cup of Lemon Juice
- Dissolve 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt into 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice
- Proceed cleaning your copper with the same steps as ‘Method 2’
- There are other cleaning methods out there if you search online… However, we’ve found the above 3 to be the best and safest methods.
Hope all this helps and we know you’re going to love your new purchase! If you haven't got one yet, have a look at our awesome mugs below.